Wednesday, June 1, 2011

First day of June

Well, we made it as far as Belfast, Maine yesterday.  Once we got into Maine we decided to take the "coastal route" which was Highway One all the way along the coast. It slowed us down a bit but was definitely worth it.  The little towns were cute and full of little shops I am going to stop at on the way back. We ate dinner in Rockland, and walked along downtown as well as a pier at the end.  They have a bunch of places and I know a First Friday so depending on what we accomplish at Acadia maybe we can hit the timing right, and if not, at least stop back and see all the local galleries. (mainly because nothing was open by the time we got there)

After that we traveled probably another half hour, got tired and grabbed a room at the Belfast Harbor Inn.  Lovely little place and affordable! Ha, anyway got our room set up, asked the Front Desk man and found us a fun local bar downtown called Rollies. Had a few drinks, came back and crashed for the night.  Now off to Acadia to explore and probably get rained on since they are forecasting thunderstorms this afternoon and the radar looks like we are doomed.  But oh well! We are in Maine!  Going to take lots of pictures!

5 comments:

  1. Hey there! It sounds like things are going well. I hope you're enjoying your "internship." I think you need to start adding the amazing things you are learning about art every step of the way on this trip :)

    Love you and can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Beth..All I've gotten out of this is all the cute bars you're going to and Birthday Parties.. :)

    Can you text me? I broke my phone, and don't have your number.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I third that from the lovely ladies above! :) I am anxious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, ok. I'll be getting down to business a little better... but this is a roadtrip. I am supposed to be having fun right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun? Fine..because Art is lame and who wants to look at that...

    ReplyDelete