Saturday, May 28, 2011

The last couple days...

Well, Denny and I left at the crack of noon on Thursday, May 26th.  I ended up driving the first 8 hours and the 2 hours of stop and go traffic through Chicago.  Of course, we hit rush hour even though we were trying to miss it, but oh well!  Then we kept driving through the night and it rained off and on all the way through Illinois, Indiana, Ohio and Pennsylvania.  I missed most of the Appalachian Mountains through PA because it was night, but I did get to see the sunrise over them as we were getting close to New Jersey.

I let Denny drive us through New Jersey, but I still can't decide if that was a good idea or not.  I guess my car is still in one piece. Thank you.

Well, when we got to Denny's brothers house, him and his wife Marissa took us all to Seaside Heights and the beach.  Seaside Heights is definitely where "Jersey Shore" is filmed.  We walked the boardwalk and I saw the Shore Store and the house.  I even saw the manager who is always on T.V. Crazy.  The people there are for real.  I could not stop giggling as I people watched but I was too afraid to actually ask a guido to stop and take a picture with me.  After that we just wandered down the boardwalk and the boys bought and made me take a "mindracer" shot which was quite tasty.  We then wandered back home, and pretty much relaxed the rest of the night while getting ready for Denny's nephew's first birthday party today.  Which I am currently missing, so I better get my butt down there and celebrate.  I'll post more later tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment